Terms and Conditions of Booking Tasmania Dreamscapes Photo Tour
Your contract is with Brisbane Photography Workshops of Brisbane Photography Workshops Pty Ltd (ABN 15649539319), herein after also referred to as “we” or “us”. All workshops and/or tours you book with us are organised and sold subject to the following conditions:
• Payment of a deposit or full booking fee confirms you accept all the terms and conditions on this page.
• You must be aged 18 years or over to attend a tour.
• If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please email us at [email protected]
2. Booking and Payment
- Registrations are on a first come, first served basis and are allocated and guaranteed only upon receipt of full payment.
- A non-refundable deposit of $600 AUS is required at the time of booking.
- The balance payment is required at least 30 days prior to the tour start date.
- Only when full payment is received will your tour registration be guaranteed.
- If we don’t receive full payment at least 30 days prior to the tour start date we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
- All payments must be made via Online Bank Transfer.
3. Workshop Fees
- The workshop cost includes the tuition fee, and venue fees. All other expenses are the responsibility of the participants. Not included are any airfares, airport taxes, transportation to and from the pick-up and drop-off points, car parking, pre and post workshop accommodation, entrance fees, meals or items of a personal nature, unless stated on the workshop description page. Price also excludes any insurance coverage for trip cancellation or interruption, travel accident, travel delay, baggage delay or baggage theft, medical or hospitalisation expenses (we recommend you obtain coverage for these items).
- Participants are responsible for making their way to the workshop start and finish points, and to the group astrophotography shoots.
- Where a workshop provides ground transport as part of the package, no discount will be given should the participant request to take their own transport. Participants choose to drive themselves at their own risk.
4. Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation by you:
- All cancellations must be made in writing to [email protected].
- If you cancel and we manage to refill your spot we’ll provide a full refund, minus the non-refundable $500 deposit. Otherwise the following refunds will apply depending on the time of cancellation:
- At least 90 days prior to the tour start date: full refund of any payments made, minus the non-refundable $600 deposit
- Between 90 and 60 days prior to the tour start date: 50% refund of any payments made, minus the non-refundable $600 deposit
- Less than 60 days prior to the tour start date: No refund.
Cancellation by us:
- Although unlikely, we reserve the right to cancel a tour prior to the start date. We will do this only in extreme circumstances. Some reasons we might do this include (but are not limited to): weather, guide illness, too few participants, natural disasters, and other reasons beyond our control. All fees paid will be refunded or you.
- Although extremely unlikely if the tour is terminated during the event there will be no refunds. Ensure you have adequate travel insurance.
5. Itinerary Changes
- Where weather conditions or forces of nature restrict or prohibit tour activities we reserve the right to alter the tour itinerary and substitute alternative activities.
- We also reserve the right to change the tour itinerary should photography opportunities be better suited elsewhere for non-weather related reasons.
- You acknowledge that landscape photography is subject too many variables including but not limited to environmental conditions that cannot be guaranteed.
- We are not responsible for any expenses or damages incurred by workshop members as a consequence of any cancellation, such as costs expended in preparing for the trip including non-refundable or penalty-carrying airline tickets, equipment, lost income, or any other trip-related losses or expenses.
- Tour fees do not include insurances for your personal circumstances (including but not limited to travel, medical, and equipment).
- We strongly recommend you obtain:
- travel insurance to cover you in the event of a tour cancellation by either you or us, for tour changes, or for emergencies
- medical insurance to cover you for your own personal health needs
- appropriate personal and third-party insurance for the cover of damage or loss of equipment and property.
- We do not accept responsibility, liability or any expenses for insurance related costs incurred by participants in preparation for or participation in a tour.
7. Limitation of Liability
Payment of your booking fee represents your acceptance of all terms and conditions outlined anywhere on this website.
- We will work incredibly hard to provide you with a safe and enjoyable experience during the tour. However, because of the nature of photography and the environment we will be exploring, there will always be the potential for certain risks, unforeseen circumstances and dangers to arise, and we accept no responsibility, liability or expenses caused by these. These can include but are not limited to: injury, death, illness, accident, quarantine, strike, damage to equipment, property or digital data loss and expenses of any nature.
- Similarly we accept no responsibility, liability or expenses incurred due to unforeseen delays. These can include but are not limited to: weather, natural disasters, theft, criminal activity, political disturbance, failure of transportation to arrive on time, and airline scheduling.
8. Client Responsibility
- It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved with outdoor travel and photography. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise.
- You must have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen workshop and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment. A moderate level of fitness is required.
- At the time of booking you need to make us aware of any medical conditions, health or fitness related issues that could affect the outcome of the tour for yourself or others.
- Every participant voluntarily assumes all risks and will hold us, the workshop leader, any co-leader or assistants, harmless from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, claims, debts, and demands which arise in connection with the workshop. The terms hereof shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for your heirs, administrators, and executors, and for all members of my family, including any minors accompanying you.
- We reserve the right to remove any participant we believe to be infringing on the rights or enjoyment of other participants or who is behaving in a way that puts themselves or others at risk. No refund will be given in this case and we will not be responsible for any costs associated with this decision.
Bring any medication you require for specific health conditions with you and have it with you at all times as will not be available otherwise. Any allergies you have must be made clear before the tour and we will do all we can to accommodate your needs in this respect, however ultimately the responsibility lies with the participant.
During a tour we may take photographic or video records in which you may appear. Such material may be used for promotional purposes including but not limited to our website and social media channels.
If you do not wish to appear in any promotional material please advise us at the time of booking.
We collect the personal information you have supplied during the booking process, including your name and contact details. We collect this personal information in order to complete the booking process and to allow us to maintain our relationship with you prior to, during, and after the tour.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.
Your personal information remains private with us.
- By submitting the booking form and/or registering for a workshop you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions listed above. The person who submits the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking terms and conditions.