About Larissa Dening Photography
Larissa Dening Photography is the go to place to learn everything there is to know about photography especially landscape photography and to receive a regular dose of travel inspiration to escape the mundane of everyday life.
From a very young age I loved cameras and taking pictures. My first camera was a pink Kodak Extralite 10 that I got for Christmas when I was 6. I remember taking photos of anything and everything but in particular my little dog Benji.
Through the years my cameras have changed and I have never been without one. I studied photography in high school with a film camera and used to process my image in a real life darkroom. After school I kind of forgot about photography and it wasn’t until I was living in London and travelling a lot through Europe that my passion for photography returned.
After returning home to Australia I did a short photography course with a good friend which really ignited the spark again. I bought my first DSLR camera (Canon 600D) and never looked back.
Being a photographer makes me happier than I thought any job could. I love capturing amazing colours in the sky or the look of love between two people. I want to give that same feeling to you and help you find that same passion. If photography is something that lights up your life, then click on the link below to join the tribe of other passionate photographers.
By following my blog you will get the inside scoop on what techniques I use to get smooth water, capture those amazing colours in the sky, crisp sharp images and more.
You will also get regular doses of travel inspiration, crazy stories about the latest places I’ve been exploring and the hot tip on amazing places to see and experience for yourself.
It really is a liberating feeling being in a foreign country where nobody knows your name and capturing amazing shots to bring home to share with your family and friends.
It makes travelling that much more memorable and fulfilling. Check out my latest travel video below:
Do you want a free photography e-book?
If you would like to find out about all the latest photography tips, my latest adventures, workshops that I am running and other general silliness, then sign up to my newsletter below. I promise it will be worth it! You will also receive my free photography e-book – How to take amazing photos every time.
Other things about me....
- I grew up in Northern NSW but have been living in Brisbane for 19 years.
- I have two rescue dogs, Otis (Silky Terrier x Chihuahua) and Ella (mini white Pomeranian). They are the light of my life and make me laugh everday with their cuteness.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to Chai Lattes.
- My favourite colour is Aqua blue if you haven’t noticed already!
- I have been to 31 countries and counting…my favourite so far in Norway.
- I couldn’t live without music and love watching bands play live.
- My favourite thing to do is travel and explore this amazing planet that we live on.
- I love the sounds of rain on the roof at night.
- My favourite season is Summer
- My favourite bands are Rufus Du Sol and The Kite String Tangle.
- I shoot with a Sony A7Rii with Sony lenses 16-35mm f2.8, 24-70mm f2.8, 70-200mm f4 and 55mm 1.8.